Working for a startup is exciting. Working for an entertainment and film startup is double the awesome. Legion M is the world's first fan-owned entertainment company. They work with top Hollywood creators to produce a slate of content. What is different is that they are owned by the fans. It is essentially an equity crowdfunded production investment company and they allow people to own a piece of the entertainment company for as little as $100. Their long-term goal is to find 1 million shareholders. They are banking on entertainment buffs who want more than a T-shirt or BluRay in return for their investment. It is about creating a community of passionate fans that stand behind any project they release.
Because Legion M is an early startup, I wear many hats. Some of the things I've recently done for the company include:
- Database Design and Analysis - With 7,000 current investors and a very active Facebook marketing campaign, there are a lot of valuable insights that can be discovered from the data Legion M has.
- Website Proofreading and Feedback - Legion M has done a lot in the last 2 years and there is a lot of content that must be presented to give potential investors a glimpse of what the Legion M community has achieved.
- Facebook Advertising - Marketing is important to get the word out and connect with fans. Ads have to be constantly improved for changing tastes and those that do not perform well have to be shut down.
- Live Streaming - Legion M aims to be very transparent and gives fans the opportunity to view the inner workings of their entertainment company. That means regular live streams with the executives
- Sundance Film Festival - I went to 2018 Sundance Film Festival where Legion M hosted an awesome lounge with regular and constant celebrity interviews that we streamed live. This event supported Legion M's Mandy project which received excellent reviews.
This is pretty exciting stuff. I am currently designing an analytics platform for the company. I can't wait to see what the future holds.