Baby Lives Matter.
  Support the Movement

Eagle Production Notes Part 3

Image: Public Domain

Published:
Brandon Kalinowski

I am simply writing a collection of notes on my experience in creating the videos that the police department needs. A lot has happened since I kickstarted this project and it is about time I put it onto paper. These notes will be posted in four parts this week. This third installment offers explanation to changes made and why all donations will be used towards this cause!

After describing each contribution, I will discuss the budget and other changes that had to be made. I will also give a glimpse of the troubles we faced during the fast-paced action that is the set.
After I sent out my donation request letters I was overwhelmed with the generous support. In my letter I stated that my goal was to raise $800. I finished fundraising with $1100 which was more than I had bargained for. However, of all the planning I had done to that point, I spent the least amount of my time refining my budget so $800 was my very rough estimate for something I had never done before. Additionally, there were some important roadblocks that required spending additional money. So my new budget is $1100 and here are the expenses that were not in the original budget:

GoPro **parts $50. It became obvious that it is near impossible to hold a camera still underwater (it's hard to do that above water as well).
**Tripod Head
could be $120. I never expected that my personal tripod would break. The locking pin that is supposed to hold the camera secure is oddly defunct. I do not trust my camera on that broken tripod.

**FrameForge **$100 more. This program that I thought was $200 was actually $300, even with my education discount.

Lighting I had planned to rent. It turns out it would have been $200 a day (my entire lighting budget). I knew I would need lights for a lot more days. Also the nearest rental place was not very close so gas and inconvienece would have increased the price to rent. I purchased all lights for around $310 which is actually a really good deal considering the light output of the lights I obtained for this project.

Lighting stuff It turns out that one of the lights didn't come with a light stand. I had assumed that it would. Also one of the bulbs burned out early and needs to be replaced. $40.

Brandon Kalinowski

I specialize in integrating technology seamlessly to help others tell compelling stories. For instance, I helped a professor construct a live television studio. I also managed a student news program. These and other experiences spurred a fascination with live streaming. I intern for Legion M as a streaming technical and data analyst. My expertise includes modern web design, video editing, and photography.

https://brandonkalinowski.com/about/

Share this post

Back To Top